We’re excited to undergo a new study regarding corn plant emergence and yield loss this growing season.
Uniform plant emergence is very important to final yield. Plants that emerge even a day later than their neighbors are out competed for light and water and either make a significantly smaller ear or no ear at all.
What we need:
- Specify tillage system and downforce system on planter
- Commitment to notify us on the day of planting
What we’ll do:
- Scout daily for plant emergence and keep records
- Gather ear counts and estimate yield at harvest from all plots
- Tabulate and analyze data and deliver results back to you.
What they’ll get:
- Scorecard with rank among neighbors on total emergence, uniform emergence and uniform ear count.
- Idea of how much yield sacrificed by not having 100% uniform emergence